FIRST TUNNEL SECTION OF SLAB TRACK ON BR
Britain's first section of concrete slab track in tunnel is being laid in Glasgow as part of preparatory work for the extension of main line electrification next May. Two tunnels carrying sharply-curved fast and slow lines beneath Eglinton Street and Pollokshaws Road are being equipped with 463-m lengths of slab track to give adequate clearance for catenary in a situation where the use of conventional ballasted track would have been extremely costly.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete slab track; Technology; Tunnels
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050467
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1976 12:00AM