TOPS TAKES OVER IN THE WEST OF ENGLAND
On September 30 British Rail brought into use the first phase of its computer-based rolling stock control scheme, due to cover the whole country by 1975. By adapting Southern Pacific's TOPS with the minimum of alteration to suit British conditions, BR has been able to implement the scheme very quickly and hopes as a result to improve the finances of its freight business by at least 10 million English pound a year.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Management information systems
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050465
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM