CHANNEL TUNNEL WINS GOVERNMENT APPROVAL
In a white paper published on Sept. 12, 1972, the terms under which private capital raised on the international markets can be used to finance the Channel Tunnel have been set out. At the same time, the British Government has declared itself in favour of building the tunnel, subject only to Parliamentary approval and the favourable results of further technical and revenue studies to be carried out next year which form Phase II of the whole project. The French Government has for many years favoured construction of the tunnel, and approval of the project by the British Parliameter will remove the last real barrier.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 387 p.
- TRT Terms: Governments; Planning; Policy; Tunnels
- Identifier Terms: Channel Tunnel
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050462
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM