AN EVALUATION OF THE DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF ANTHROPOMORPHIC TEST DEVICES
This is the second of a three-volume final report documenting results from an experimental investigation of the static and dynamic performance of state-of-the-art anthropomorphic test dummies. Contained in this volume are data from component and accelerator sled tests of a 50th percentile hybrid dummy that were performed to supplement the data obtained in previous tests of 50th percentile anthropomorpic dummies described in Volume I. The component tests included additional drop impact tests of instrumented Alderson dummy fiberglass and standard aluminum heads, arrested pendulum tests to measure the non-impact dynamic response characteristics of the Alderson fiberglass head attached to a Sierra single duromete rubber neck, and tests in which the pendulum apparatus was used to impact both types of heads against simulated windshields of tempered and laminated (HPR) glass. Two series of sled tests were type 2 belt restraint systems in simulated 30 MPH crashes were measured. The test configurations included variations of the type of seat, belt webbing properties, belt slack, number of anchors (3 point of 4 point) and the manner of anchoring the belts,i.e., fixed anchors or belt systems incorporating automatic and emergency locking (inertia reel) retractors. Also presented are results of further processing of data from selected accelerator sled tests reported in Volume I for calculation of values of the Head Injury Criteria.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/N69Series
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
- DeLeys, N J
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 214 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Dummies; Head; Impact tests; Injuries; Manual safety belts; Testing; Windshields
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00263222
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- ISBN: N69 Series
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. DOT/HS 800 870 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-1-129
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM