FLOOD STAGES AND DISCHARGES FOR SMALL STREAMS IN TEXAS
This report is the seventh in a series of interim reports that describe the objectives, planning, instrumentation, progress, and status of the cooperative program between the Texas Highway Department and the U.S. Geological Survey involving hydrologic investigation of small drainage areas in Texas. To accomplish this, a network of 150 crest-stage partial-record gages was established. These gages are distributed throughtout the State to sample all hydrologic areas and flood-frequency regions as defined by Patterson (1963) and to obtain a representative sample of physical characteristics. Information for unusual peak discharges at ungaged sites is obtained as the opportunity arises. The "station data" section of this report lists the available annual peak data for watersheds of less than 20 square miles. In additional to the 150 Highway Program stations, 82 other stations are included. Some notable floods that occurred during the period October 1, 1970, to September 30, 1971, are listed, as well as the measurements of peak discharge at miscellaneous small-area sites obtained during the reporting period. A tabulation is also made of runoff and point rainfall data collected at selected gaging stations.
- This report consists of data compiled through September, 1971 and was prepared in cooperation with the Texas Highway Department and the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration
U.S. Geological SurveyF Street Between 18th and 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20244
- Schroeder, E E
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 297 p.
- TRT Terms: Drainage basins; Floods; Hydrologic phenomena; Measuring instruments; Peak discharge; Rainfall; Runoff; Watersheds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flood frequency
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrologic data; Hydrologic instruments
- Subject Areas: Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00263189
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 85-7 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM