HAMBURG COMPLETES THE FIRST STAGE OF U-BAHN CONSTRUCTION
With the opening of the complex central section of Line U2, the U-bahn construction programme launched in 1955 is now complete. Work continues on the cross-town S-bahn link, which is closely integrated with the U-bahn and should be opened in 1975. Excellent interchange between the two rail systems in the central area is complemented by well-planned bus feeders further out, and D. Scott Hellewell explains how this high level of integration results from the establishment of a common policy-making body (HVV) in 1965.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Rapid transit; Subways; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Germany; Hamburg (Germany)
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050457
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1982 12:00AM