HIGHWAY SAFETY, DESIGN AND OPERATIONS NARROW BRIDGES-DRIVE DILEMMAS
The publication presents the hearings before the subcommittee on the problems associated with narrow bridges. Among the aspects covered are the special bridge replacement program and the general dimensions of the narrow bridge hazard. A states survey is described which was initiated to study the nature and extent of bridge deficiencies. Information from different states is presented together with general operating experience and recommendations. Statements are presented from highway officials and administrators. The topics discussed include various aspects of highway safety, design and operation. The subject of traffic signs is reviewed.
Comm on Public Works, House of RepresentativesWashington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 206 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Drivers; Equipment replacement; Hazards; Highway bridges; Highway design; Highway operations; Highway safety; Operations; Public works; Recommendations; Signs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Highway administration; Replacement
- Old TRIS Terms: Narrow objects
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00263169
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM