FOR THE PIGGY-BACK SYSTEM "UNIT POCKET WAGONS AND VERTICLE TRANSHIPMENT"
SUM HUCKEPACKSYSTEM "EINHEITSTASCHENWAGEN UND VERTIKANLUMSCHLAG
As compared with horizontal transhipment, vertical transhipment offers economic and operating advantages in the case also of vehicles. For this reason, the German Federal Railways, the French Railways, and the International Rail-Road Union (UIRR), developed a unit pocket wagon for semi-trailers, interchangeable units, national trailers, and containers. The above article deals with safety, profitability, and design, as well as with the conditions covering the acceptable of semi-trailers and interchangeable units, which are to be carried on pocket wagon. The four-axle bogie vehicle, designed for a speed of 12 km/h can carry a maximum load of 35 t, has a length of 15.2 m over buffers, and a height of the loading surface in the pocket of 338 mm, above the standing position.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0373322X
Siemens (Georg) VerlagsbuchhandlungLuetzowstrasse 105-196
1 Berlin 30, Germany
- Stieler, G
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Glasers Annalen ZEV
- Issue Number: 12
- Publisher: Siemens (Georg) Verlagsbuchhandlung
- ISSN: 0373-322X
- TRT Terms: Piggyback transportation; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050452
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 24 1974 12:00AM