TRANSIT TROUBLES: WOES WITH NEW CARS COMPLICATE GROWTH OF URBAN RAIL LINES
This article discusses some of the problems that rapid transit systems and commuter railroad operations are having with new cars. Old established car builders are dropping out and the market is being taken over by new companies, generally aerospace oriented. Some of the sophisticated systems on new cars are troublesome.
Dow Jones and Company, Incorporated1 World Financial Center, 200 Liberty Street
New York, NY United States 10281
- Williams, J D
- Publication Date: 1973-11-7
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Wall Street Journal
- Publisher: Dow Jones and Company, Incorporated
- TRT Terms: Passenger cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050440
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 24 1981 12:00AM