CITY OF PACIFICA PROTECTION OF CHILD PEDESTRIANS
The objective of the project was to create a revitalized safety program by conducting a comprehensive study of the present elementary school crossing conditions within Pacifica and developing the framework for a continuing program of bicycle and pedestrian safety. Analysis of bicycle and pedestrian accidents has resulted in identification of problem areas. Each school crosswalk within Pacifica has been studied and recommendations formulated to eliminate deficiencies. The creation of an informational pamphlet for public circulation enables important safety facts to be distributed to the community. The preparation of elementary school neighborhood maps presents parents and students with a readily understandable means of selected safe routes for bicycle and pedestrian activities. Development of a framework from which to continue the bicycle and pedestrian safety program is an important step toward improving safety in Pacifica.
- Sponsored by National Highway Safety Bureau and the City of Pacifica, California.
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyDenver, CO United States
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Bicycles; Crosswalks; Cyclists; Pedestrian-vehicle crashes; Safety education; School children; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Child safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Minors
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00262817
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM