PARKING POLICY AS A TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT TOO
This paper applies traffic management to planning for parking. Traffic management relies on the interaction of traffic engineering methods, separation of road users, especially pedestrians from vehicles, establishment of public transport priorities and restriction of car parking. These same elements of traffic management must be applied to parking policy. A successful parking policy should consider the conflicting desires of the road users; it should consider parking as part of a complete journey rather than as just a vehicle at rest.
- Presented at the PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, Warwick University, England, 8-12 July 1974.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co, Ltd40 Grosvenor Gardens
London SW1, England
- GOULD, P
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway traffic control; Parking; Parking demand; Planning; Policy; Studies; Travelers
- Old TRIS Terms: Parking studies
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00262801
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1981 12:00AM