LIFE CYCLE COSTING OF POLICE PATROL CASE
There are many different choices to be made with respect to police vehicle acquistion, utilization, maintenance, and disposition. Cost comparisons among the different atlernatives are an important element in the choices to be made. To make valid cost comparisons, it is necessary to employ the techniques of life-cycle costing. This means the inclusion of all relevant costs and the conversion of costs to an equivalent basis to take into account differences in the timing of expenditures. The report briefly summarizes the results of a larger study which compares the life cycle cost of some of the alternatives associated with police fleet management.
National Bureau of StandardsTechnical Analysis Division
Washington, DC United States 20234
- Ruegg, R T
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Costs; Life cycle analysis; Maintenance; Management; Police vehicles
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00262723
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-74-471 Summary
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1974 12:00AM