MAGNETIC GRADIENT VECHICLE DETECTOR
The patent application relates to an apparatus for detecting metallic objects. In a more limited sense, it relates, to a vehicle detection apparatus of the type which senses vehicles by detecting variations in the coupling of a magnetic field between a transmitter and a receiver caused by the induction of eddy currents within the metallic structure of the vehicle. While this apparatus has utility for detecting any metallic object, it has particular utility in the field of vehicle detection for purposes of traffic control, traffic identification and traffic classification.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Mills, M K
- Publication Date: 1974-5-21
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Eddy currents; Electromagnetic fields; Patents; Radio receivers; Radio transmitters; Traffic control; Vehicle detectors
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00262717
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-453 332, DOT/Case-TSC-H-10004
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 27 1974 12:00AM