ON THE APPLICABILITY OF COST-EFFECTIVE ANALYSES TO ALCOHOL-HIGHWAY SAFETY COUNTERMEASURE PROGRAMS
Consideration is given to the application of cost-effectiveness procedures as one means of determining the most productive mix of alcohol-highway safety countermeasures. Key problems in developing and utilitizing valid cost-effectiveness procedures in this realm are discussed. Alternative types of approaches are considered; namely, the simplistic 'rule-of-thumb' approach and the sophisticated model-building approach. A third approach is discussed, involving the phased development of an operational cost-effectiveness analytic procedure.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Saalberg, J H
- Publication Date: 1971-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Cost effectiveness; Countermeasures; Highway safety; Mathematical models
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical method; Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00262667
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: FH-11-7615
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1974 12:00AM