SEALING CRACKS IN BITUMIONUS PAVEMENT
During the fall of 1969 transverse cracks were sealed in a 13-mile section of bituminous pavement. Five hot-poured rubber asphalt sealers, three tack coat materials for , priming the crack sidewall, a bond breaker and 40 different application procedures were used. Test sections were established to evaluate the materials and procedures. Field surveys were conducted to determine the amount of footage strength tests. The results are also presented of a survey crack movement. The field results were used to evaluate the materials and procedures incorporated in the study program. /NTIS/
Minnesota Department of HighwaysOffice of Research Coordination
St Paul, MN United States 55101
- Wolters, R O
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Bituminous pavements; Cracking; Elastomer modified asphalt; Evaluation; Sealing (Technology); Sealing compounds; Tack coats; Test sections; Transverse cracking
- Old TRIS Terms: Sealing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00262411
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM