CREEP OF STRUCTURAL CONCRETE
This report, based on investigations by the Concrete Society's working party on creep in concrete, brings together a number of important aspects of creep related to the total design process. The make up of concrete and the influence of factors such as mix combination composition, humidity and size are shown as they affect the magnitude of creep. A number of approaches to applying creep data in design are discussed and compared. The last section of the report examines how closely the creep of actual structures can be predicted by using the CEB/FIP Recommendations, by comparing predicted values with actual values recorded on a number of structures. In general, the CEB/FIP method gives good correlation with the measured values.
Concrete SocietyTerminal House, Grosvenor Gardens
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Creep; Design; Forecasting; Humidity; Materials selection
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete creep
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00262367
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Paper 101
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM