URBAN CORRIDOR DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM SYSTEM PLANNING
The major objective of the program has been to outline for implementation a central business district oriented corridor plan that can be used to demonstration methods for moving persons and vehicles efficiently. This study has been an investigation of the southeastern sector of the Dayton region. The geographical area encompassed by this program includes portions of the municipalities of Dayton, Oakwood, Kettering Moraine, Centerville and Montgomery County. The plan envisions the use of a Penn Central Railroad right-of-way to provide transportation in the corridor. The initial system usage of the railroad right-of-way will be for buses only. After this service has been tested for a period of time carpools will be permitted to utilize the facility during peak periods. If this mixed mode concept does not adversely affect transit service it would be recommended that this combined operation continue. Only cars containing three or more occupants will be permitted and the busway will be monitored to insure compliance.
Montgomery-Greene County Transp & Dev Plan Prog32 North Main Street
Dayton, OH USA 45402
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Pagination: 246 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Central business districts; City planning; Demonstration projects; Peak periods; Railroads; Transportation corridors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Right of way
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00262361
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7553
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM