ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION OF INTERMODAL TRANSFER
This methodology to quantitatively evaluate intermodal transfer delay time presents an analytical tool that will evaluate candidate alternative terminal configurations in terms of pedestrian related performance. The use of computerized modeling methods for the analysis of pedestrian flow represents an efficient technique for the solution of pedestrian related problems. The use of such techniques can assure the decision-maker that available resources are efficiently used in providing necessary public transportation services. This method of analysis is applicable to the evaluation and analysis of configurations developed by the variation of any system component(s) or the terminal plan.
Pittsburgh University4200 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15213
- Marks Jr, G V
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 193 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Information processing; Intermodal terminals; Intermodal transportation; Mathematical models; Pedestrians; Shape; Traffic delays
- Uncontrolled Terms: Configuration; Models
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00262170
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 71-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1981 12:00AM