TECHNICAL INFORMATION BULLETIN SP-40
This bulletin provides information of a symposium volume published by the American Concrete Institute on the subject "Polymers in Concrete." Aspects covered in the volume include process technology for preparation of concrete which contains polymers; material properties; fundamental studies; and work performed on development of applications. Concrete which contains polymers includes composites prepared by one of the following three methods. (1) Monomer impregnation of normal hardened concrete followed by in-situ polymerization (PIC); (2) mixing a monomer or resin with an aggregate and polymerizing or curing the material after its placement (PC); addition of a polymer to its precursor during mixing of ordinary fresh concrete with polymerization or curing initiated after placement of the material. The majority of the papers in this volume deal with Polymer Impregnated Concrete (PIC). Two papers are presented on the subject of Polymer Concrete (PC) and three on Polymer Cement Concrete (PCC).
Detroit, MI United States 48219
- Publication Date: 1973-9-20
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Applications; Concrete; Conferences; Documents; Information management; Information organization; Monomers; Polymer concrete; Polymerization; Polymers; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Publications
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00262078
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SP-40 Tech. Bull
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM