NATIONAL DRIVER REGISTER STUDY OF ALTERNATIVES
NDR managers have known for several years that a complete computer program rewrite for the NDR is a basic and serious need. However, prior to any major over-haul of NDR computer programs an indepth study of what the role of the NDR should be in the future of nationwide driver records communications is deemed essential. This study identified four alternatives available to the NDR, however only one will meet the needs and requests of State Driver Licensing Administrators. This alternative requires an alteration in the NDR in terms of Data content, category of users, and type of service. Requested is an on-line pointer/index system that would aid Driver Licensing officials in locating records on drivers who have; medical/physical limitations, records of violation that require monitoring or recent suspensions, revocations, denials, withdrawals or cancellations in other jurisdictions. Draft legislative proposals and legal research concerning driver records exchange and requirements are an integral part of the study report.
Safety Management Institute1660 L Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 198 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Computer programs; Driver licensing; Driver records; Legal documents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Violations
- Old TRIS Terms: Legal studies; Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00261819
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/HS 801 017 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-021-3-625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM