A STUDY OF THE EFFECTS OF GOOD STREET LIGHTING ON ROAD ACCIDENTS AT NIGHT
A 'before and after' study is being made of accidents on lengths of state highway where the street lighting has been improved. In most cases there has been no significant improvement in the ratio of night to day accidents. The possible reasons for this are being examined.
New Zealand Transport AgencyPrivate Bag 6995
Wellington 6141, New Zealand
- Palmer, M R
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Before and after studies; Crash causes; Crash investigation; State highways; Street lighting
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00261761
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 6 1974 12:00AM