SEIBERT EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT
Lime shafts and lime till were used to prevent swelling on Interstate 70 in Eastern Colorado. The grading contract for a section of Interstate 70 had been completed in 1964. By spring of 1965 two cut areas had significant swelling. Before the concrete paving began lime shafts were built in one cut and lime till in the other. No swelling has been observed in either section in the eight years of evaluation that have just been completed.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/44D1074
Colorado Department of HighwaysPlanning and Research Division, 4201 East Arkansas Avenue
Denver, CO USA 80222
- Safford, M C
- Swanson, H N
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Calcium oxide; Concrete mixers; Excavations; Grading (Earthwork); Shafts (Machinery); Swelling; Till
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grading
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00261728
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- ISBN: 44D1-074
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 1471
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM