TEST EVALUATION OF EARTH BERM MEDIAN BARRIER
The purpose of this report is to present test data and evaluation of a median barrier earth berm design developed with the aid of a powerful existing predictive tool. A series of full scale tests have been conducted on the berm design. The data for all tests has been reduced and selected results compared to the highly sophisticated computer model. A related report to this project is "Vehicle Redirection Effectiveness of Median Berms and curbs," by Norman J. Delays and David J. Segal, Calspan Corporation, Buffalo, N. Y., May 1973. Calspan Report No. HF-5095-V-2, DOT Contract FH-11-7913. /FHWA/
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Hirsch, T J
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Berms; Evaluation; Forecasting; Median barriers; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Test results
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00261725
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-74- 21 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7840
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM