TURBOTRAIN TESTS PROVIDE DATA FOR 260 KM/H OPERATIONS
The SNCF's experimental TGV.001 turbotrain had covered 125,000 km on test runs by mid-July, 35 of which have exceeded 300 km/h. After modifications and investigations in the works at Bischheim are complete, the test programme will be concluded in the autumn. However, results so far provide a solid basis on which commercial service at 260 km/h can be offered, while a mass of data not available hitherto on vehicle and track dynamics and train resistance in the 250 to 300 km/h range has been assembled.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; High speed rail; Technology; Train track dynamics; Turbotrains; Vehicle dynamics
- Geographic Terms: France
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050352
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1976 12:00AM