THE MONITORING OF THE ENVIRONMENT IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
This report concerns the monitoring of five different types of pollution occurring in the U.K. These include air, land, freshwater and marine pollution and pollution from radioactivity. The first part is a summary of the second and discusses the need for different monitoring methods for the various types of pollution. The roles of the interested bodies are examined and changes in approach, organization and the range of pollutants studied are suggested. Information channels, organizations (and their co-ordination), research and international links are all cited as potential fields of improvement. The second part has detailed accounts of the approach to monitoring individual pollutants, which include air pollution on roads. An Appendix on current monitoring and surveillance schemes is included.
Department of the Environment, England49 High Holborn
London WC1V 6HB, England
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Contaminants; Fresh water; Monitoring; Radioactivity; Surveillance
- ITRD Terms: 1394: Catalytic converter; 2455: Environment; 6136: Measurement; 6969: Recording; 8119: United kingdom
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00261700
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rept.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 6 1974 12:00AM