HARDWARE FOR HIGH SPEED IN 1972--2: AIR CUSHIONS AND MAGLEV
Spurred on by the belief that the wheel must be abandoned if high speed guided transport is to achieve its full commercial potential, the race is on between the various forms of air cushion and magnetic levitation vehicle to win adoption on the first major inter-city route. Despite a head start for air cushions, maglev now appears to be taking the lead because it is quieter and requires less power, but it is not yet clear whether attraction or repulsion techniques will prove to be superior.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Magnetic levitation; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050349
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1974 12:00AM