ENERGY: ARE THE RAILROADS ON THE RIGHT TRACK?
This article examines energy consumption and production. It presents numerous charts and graphs to interpret the energy situation in the U.S. and the world. It points out that since railroads are relatively efficient in transportation provided for energy consumed, that the railroads may be able to contribute to a solution of the energy crisis. The article also covers the crisis in diesel fuel oils.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07362064
Cahners Publishing Company, Incorporated5 South Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60603
- Myers, E T
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Modern Railroads
- Volume: 28
- Issue Number: 8
- Publisher: K-III Press, Incorporated
- ISSN: 0736-2064
- TRT Terms: Energy resources; Fuels; Governments; Planning; Railroad electrification; Supply
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel shortage; Government planning
- Subject Areas: Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050341
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1974 12:00AM