THE USE OF ADHESIVES
Instructions are presented here on the use of adhesives which are based on extensive laboratory testing. The characteristics, limitations and setting mechanisms are tabulated of various adhesives (classified in the seven general classes: animal, vegetable, inorganic, elastomeric, synthetic resin, thermoplastic, and synthetic resin-thermosetting). A table is also presented of the general type of use, patricular use, typical examples, type of surface preparation and suitable expoxy resins. Information on methods of surface preparation describes a method of solvent degreasing and a method of abrasive blast cleaning.
Country Roads Board, Australia60 Denmark Street
Kew, Victoria 3101, Australia
- Publication Date: 1974-1-21
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesives; Chemical bond; Cleaning; Epoxy resins; Inorganic compounds; Laboratory tests; Organic compounds; Solvents; Surface treating; Synthetics
- Old TRIS Terms: Chemical cleaning; Degreasing
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00261490
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Eng. Note No.105
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 11 1974 12:00AM