MEASURED ILLUMINATION CHARACTERISTICS OF THE 1973 HEADLAMPS
The measured illumination characteristics are discussed of the 76 ECE and SAE-type headlamps examined in the photometric laboratory. The illumination measurement procedure is described and various headlamp characteristics and measurement parameters (necessary for later utilization of the data) are listed. A note is included which explains the storage of the illumination data sets for the headlamps. The measured illumination data for each headlamp were corrected according to the photometer calibration curves and were then used to generate an intensity map for the headlamp. Maps for a series of headlamps were thus collected for later use in illumination calculations. Contour plots of the intensity maps for the various headlamps are provided which reveal quickly and simply the illumination characteristics of these headlamps.
NATIONAL AERONAUTICAL ESTABLISHMENTOTTAWA, Canada
- Harrison, A L
- Publication Date: 1974-5-23
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Calibration; Data storage; Headlamps; Laboratory studies; Light; Maps; Measurement; Photometry
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation; Parameters
- ITRD Terms: 8614: Database; 1342: Headlamp; 1341: Headlamp setting; 505: Light intensity; 4074: Map; 6136: Measurement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00261403
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: LTR-ST. 707 Tech Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM