ELECTRONIC BRIDGE CONTROL ON 'IRISH PINE'
The type of electronic bridge control system used aboard a diesel powered bulk carrier is described. This system utilizes solid state components as integrated circuits. Included in the description is the method of operation of the electronic speed control, which can control the speed of the ship from dead in the water on up to the maximum speed of the vessel, in both normal and emergency situations. Protection programs to insure against damage to the ships machinery are also described.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
Benn Brothers Marine Publications LimitedLyon Tower, 125 High Street, Colliers Wood
London SW19 2JN, England
- Jungbluth, B
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: p. 606-610
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Bridges (Ships); Consoles; Engine rooms; Remote control; Voyage management systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge consoles; Engine room remote control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050297
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM