MOTOR VEHICLE NOISE IDENTIFICATION AND ANALYSIS OF SITUATIONS CONTRIBUTING TO ANNOYANCE
A project to determine the contribution of motor vehicles to annoying noise in common traffic situations has been conducted for the Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc. by Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Inc. The project included: (1) A social survey to identify a number of annoying motor vehicle noise situations, (2) Measurement of the noise climate at a number of the survey sites, (3) Measurements of selected individual vehicle noise situations identified in the social survey and (4) Forecast of trends in motor vehicle noise was also provided. The results of the program are described in detail in four separate technical reports, and are summarized in this report. (Author)
- Prepared for Vehicle Noise Study Subcommittee, Automobile Manufacturers Association, Incorporated.
Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemistry; Measurement; Noise; Noise sources; Research; Social sciences; Surveys; Traffic noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Social research; Surface chemistry
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research;
- Accession Number: 00261302
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2082
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM