MEASUREMENT OF AUTOMOTIVE PASSBY NOISE
Procedures for measurement of noise emitted by various automotive vehicles have been developed and refined by various technical committees of the SAE. Recent work on the parameters of these procedures indicated that the site used, the vehicle operator, and the ambient weather conditions are all significant factors in the accuracy of test results. Revision of these procedures to minimize the variation in results attributable to variation in test parameters, and to produce results more representative of typical operating modes of the vehicle, is essential.
- Presented at SAE meeting January 10-14, 1972.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Hillquist, R K
- Bettis, R A
- Publication Date: 1972-1-10
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Automobiles; Environment; Measurement; Noise; Traffic noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00261249
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap 720275
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM