AND NOW A WORD FROM THE REGULATEE
Regulation of noise from motor vehicles is an inevitability. To provide optimum benefit to the community at a minimum of additional cost to its citizens, these regulations must recognize the responsibilities of all parties involved, provide uniform requirements as appropriate to the level of government, and embody a flexibility to adapt to new findings and circumstances. Both manufacturer and operator, as regulatees, must be considered in the drafting of vehicle noise restrictions.
- Proceedings of International Conference on Transportation and the environment sponsored by the Society of Automotive Engineers, Environmental Protection Agency and DOT.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Hillquist, R K
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 366-369
- TRT Terms: Laws; Legal factors; Motor vehicles; Noise; Noise control; Regulation; Regulations; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle noise/regulations; Regulations/motor vehicle noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00261199
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 720657 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM