MEASUREMENT OF INTERIOR NOISE IN PASSENGER CARS
The author reports on noise tests performed in passenger motor cars. The noise tests were carried through in five vehicles of different types under approximately similar experimental conditions. In addition to measurements of the total noise level at a different evaluation of time and frequency the author carried through frequency analyses of the interior noises. The octave levels ascertained are graphically demonstrated for different driving speeds. At mean speeds there resulted for the deep-frequency noises evaluating figures from N 70 to N 75, whereas at high speeds an evaluation figure as high as N 85 was attained.
- Text in German.
Georg Thieme VerlagHerdweg 63, Postfach 732
7 Stuttgart, Germany
- Henkel, W
- Publication Date: 1969-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Zeitschrift f die Gesamte Hygiene u Ihre Grenzgeb
- Volume: 15
- Publisher: Georg Thieme Verlag
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Frequency analyzers; Noise control; Sound level; Studies; Traffic noise; Traffic speed; Vehicle interiors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interior
- Old TRIS Terms: Speed studies
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00261169
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM