RAIL STEELS: STRONGER, HARDER OR TOUGHER?
A conflict emerged at an Iron and Steel Institute Conference, held in London recently, between the commercial demand for steels that resist wear and the requirements to reduce the number of brittle fractures likely to occur which might lead to derailment.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1972-12
- Pagination: p. 471-472
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Fatigue (Mechanics); Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Steel
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail fissures; Rail steel metallurgy
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050083
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 24 1976 12:00AM