A COMPARISON OF INJURY SEVERITY PATTERNS FOR UNRESTRAINED, LAP BELTED, AND TORSO RESTRAINED OCCUPANTS IN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS
The multi-disciplinary accident investigation reports comprising a census of towaway accidents in Washtenaw County, Michigan, were statistically analyzed in order to observe the effects on injury associated with wearing a lap belt or torso restraint. The analysis controls on accident configuration, crash severity, seated location, and ejection.
- 17th Conference
American Association for Automotive Medicine801 Green Bay Road
Lake Bluff, IL USA 60044
- Shortridge, R M
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Crash severity; Ejection; Manual safety belts; Multidisciplinary teams; Statistical analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00260573
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM