NEW YORK LAUNCHES AN AERIAL ATTACK ON RAILROAD VANDALISM
Two years ago, New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority enlisted 'copter cops in its war against crime and vandalism on railroad rights-of-way. As of late August, 2,200 flying hours had been logged by the two Bell helicopters which MTA leases from Decair Helicopters, Inc. and the sky patrol experiment was described as having achieved "considerable success."
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Publication Date: 1973-9-10
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Helicopters; Safety; Security; Vandalism
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00048287
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1974 12:00AM