THE BEHAVIOUR OF RESILIENT WHEELS UNDER ACTUAL SERVICE CONDITIONS
RILIEVI DI COMPORTAMENTO DELLE RUOTE ELASTICHE IN CONDIZIONI REALI
A motor-coach used on line 1 of Milan Underground has been equipped with wheels which have been made resilient by means of flexible discs inserted between the wheel and the tyre. The above article contains details of: 1) the calculation of the deformation, under pressure, of this type of wheel, as well as of its vibratory system; 2) the device for measuring of the deformation of the wheel, as well as the displacement of the bogie is relation to the track; and 3) a number of characteristic results. A complete analysis of the results will be provided in a later article.
- CORAZZA, G R
- Publication Date: 1972-6
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Rapid transit; Technology; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Geographic Terms: Italy
- Old TRIS Terms: Resilient wheels
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00048274
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1974 12:00AM