NORWEGIAN STATE RAILWAYS' LONG-TERM PLAN UP TO 1980
A plan drawn up by the Norwegian State Railways, covering the period up to 1980, has been submitted to Parliament. Forecasts show that goods traffic should increase by some 40%, and that there should be a slight decrease in passenger traffic. The objectives, which are based on a 1980 operational model, with 74 railheads, new timetables, and technical improvements, provide for an alteration in the structure of traffic, and ensure an increased competitive capacity for the railways. Investment calculations provide for a profitability rate of some 13%, in the case of a rate of growth estimated at 5.7%, and a staff slightly in excess of 16,000. The future of commercially unprofitable lines has still to be decided. If the basic conditions are observed, the Norwegian State Railways hope to achieve financial balance in 1980.
International Railway Congress Association17-21 rue de Louvrain
1000 Brussels, Belgium
- HEIBERG, E
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Governments; Network analysis (Planning); Planning; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00048269
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1974 12:00AM