Marine electronics & IT
Taking the safe path towards unmanned ships : DNV GL hopes to help the industry reduce seafarer fatalities by 90% : a goal which could ultimately results in taking crew off ships altogether, writes Wendy Laursen -- Transition to digital navigation gathering pace : Jason Scholey, senior product manager, United Kingdom Hydrographic Office tells Wendy Laursen about the transition to digital navigation -- ECDIS needs to comply with latest VDR standards -- Harmonised e-reporting procedures for all vessels in EU -- Cargo over pressure prevention now mandatory : Mark Jones, sales director of PSM, looks at a case study showing how one ship operator managed to comply with the latest regulations -- Fresh approach to integration from Imtech -- Electronic navigation training as ECDIS carriage requirements approach -- Octopus-Onboard two heavy lift vessels -- Voyage optimisation supersedes traditional weather routing : an improvement on the traditional concept of weather routing, known as vessel and voyage optimisation solution (VVOS) has been introduced by Jeppesen : chief naval architect Dr Henry Chen introduces the system -- Rugged computer--more than just 'hard shells' : a truly rugged computer suitable for maritime applications should be much more than just a normal computer wrapped in a tough outer case, as Jerker Hellstrom, CEO of Swedish company Handheld, explains.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Title from head of p. 15.
- Publication Date: 2014-7
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: p. 15-23
- TRT Terms: Electronic equipment; Navigation; Ships
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01536951
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Sep 2 2014 10:08AM