Transportation Security Information Sharing: Results of GAO's Survey of Stakeholder Satisfaction with TSA Products and Mechanisms (GAO-14-488SP, June 2014), an E-supplement to GAO-14-506
This e-supplement is a companion to the report entitled, Transportation Security Information Sharing: Stakeholder Satisfaction Varies; TSA Could Take Additional Actions to Strengthen Efforts, GAO-14-506. This e-supplement presents the results of the Government Accountability Office's (GAO's) web-based survey of transportation stakeholders from the aviation, freight and passenger rail, highway, public transit (i.e., mass transit), and pipeline modes about their satisfaction with the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) information-sharing efforts during calendar year 2013. The survey asks questions about (1) satisfaction with TSA transportation security-related products, including reports, assessments, briefings, posters, and Encounter Reviews; (2) satisfaction with the mechanisms TSA uses to distribute its security-related products, including the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN), TSA e-mail alerts, and Aviation Web Boards; and (3) ways in which stakeholders provide feedback to TSA on its security-related information-sharing efforts and satisfaction with TSA's responsiveness to stakeholders' security-related information needs. This e-supplement contains the questionnaire administered to survey respondents, along with summary statistics for each numeric question and the number of valid responses to each question. Responses to open-ended questions are not included in this e-supplement to minimize the risk of disclosing the identity of respondents.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 2012-6-24
- Media Type: Web
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Information dissemination; Information, data, and knowledge; National security; Questionnaires; Security; Stakeholders; Surveys
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Transportation Security Administration
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Security and Emergencies; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 01530947
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: GAO-14-488SP
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 2014 3:10PM