Study of injection influence on diesel engine combustion
Computational simulation for the combustion process in a DI diesel engine was performed through a code made by the author. Two conditions of different injection pressure were examined in the simulation. The injection pressures were 1500 bars and 500 bars. The combustion phenomenon was modeled as a combined process of the formation of a combustible mixture and a chemical reaction. The rate of mixture formation was assumed to be dependent on the turbulence characteristics and the concentration of species in each computational cell. The rate of chemical reaction is described as an Arrhenius equation. The result of the simulation agrees with the experimental result qualitatively, and the effect of injection pressure on the combustion process is well predicted.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/15823601
- Abstract used by permission of publisher.
- Sabau, Adrian
- Publication Date: 2013
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 167-172
- TRT Terms: Combustion; Diesel engines; Fuel injection; Internal combustion engines; Simulation; Turbulence
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment; I90: Vehicles;
- Accession Number: 01527009
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 2014 8:17PM