The Federal Gas Tax: How Much, How Much Longer?
Because the federal tax on motor fuels has not been raised in 20 years, the Highway Trust Fund, which pays for many of the nation's highway repairs and improvements, is facing insolvency. But even as a growing number of stakeholders support what they consider to be a long-overdue tax hike, others are mapping out alternative funding sources to keep the traffic flowing.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/10480594
- © 2014 American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Reid, Robert L
- Publication Date: 2014-2
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: pp 54-59
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Financing; Fuel taxes; Motor fuels
- Identifier Terms: Highway Trust Fund
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 01523147
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ASCE
- Created Date: Apr 16 2014 2:24PM