The costs of road crashes in international perspective.
Kosten van verkeersongevallen in internationaal perspectief.
This study places the social costs of road crashes in the Netherlands in international perspective by comparing them with the costs in seven other countries with approximately the same level of prosperity. Both the size of the costs and the methods used to estimate these costs are compared. The report discusses the following issues: 1. How do the costs in the Netherlands relate to the costs in other countries? 2. What are the differences and similarities between the methods used in the Netherlands and in other countries? 3. On which points could the method that is used in the Netherlands (therefore) be improved? The results of this study can be used to adapt and improve the method used to calculate the costs of road crashes in the Netherlands (if required). This can then be applied in a following update.
- Record URL:
Stichting Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Verkeersveiligheid SWOV,
- Wijnen, W
- Publication Date: 2014
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Calculation; Costs; Crashes; Externalities; Injuries; International
- Identifier Terms: Stichting Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Verkeersveiligheid
- Uncontrolled Terms: Damages; injury); severity (accid
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 9040: Loss; 2154: Medical aspects; 9102: Method
- Subject Areas: Finance; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01521704
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-2014-6
- Files: ITRD, SWOV
- Created Date: Apr 7 2014 10:39AM