Future perspectives and European trends in traffic and transport and the consequences for road safety : an outlook.
Toekomstbeelden en Europese trends op het gebied van verkeer en vervoer met gevolgen voor de verkeersveiligheid : een verkenning.
The developments in the field of road safety are influenced by developments within transportation and within other fields. Examples are technological developments, demographic trends, economic developments, cultural developments and climate change. In addition, much of road safety in the Netherlands is ‘imported’. This is for instance the case for nearly all car safety improvements, which are generally designed and manufactured in other countries. The purpose of the literature study presented in this report is to make a survey of the influence of international developments and expected developments, especially those in Europe. What is the influence of (expected) developments outside the field of traffic and transport and how will they affect road safety? And what are the developments in Europe concerning knowledge, regulation, and policy regarding traffic and what effects will they have on road safety and road safety policy, particularly in the Netherlands?
- Record URL:
Stichting Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Verkeersveiligheid SWOV,
- Eenink, R G
- Vlakveld, W P
- Publication Date: 2013
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Economics; Environment; Policy; Roads; Safety; Sociology; Urban development
- Identifier Terms: Stichting Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Verkeersveiligheid
- Geographic Terms: Europe; Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 132: Forecast; 335: Population; 6515: Trend (stat)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01521700
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-2013-16
- Files: ITRD, SWOV
- Created Date: Apr 7 2014 10:39AM