Benchmarking driver training systems and their safety value in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
Benchmarking rijschoolsystemen in Nederland en omringende landen : vergelijking van rijschoolsystemen en hun veiligheidswaarde in Nederland, Duitsland, België en het Verenigd Koninkrijk.
The Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment asked SWOV to compare the Dutch driver training system with the systems in the neighbouring countries (Germany, Belgium and the United Kingdom). There are major differences between the driver trainings in the four countries. Much is regulated in Germany, whereas the United Kingdom, on the other hand, has very few regulations. What is the road safety effect of these different driver training systems?
- Record URL:
Stichting Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Verkeersveiligheid SWOV,
- Vlakveld, W P
- Publication Date: 2013
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver training; Driving instructors; Schools
- Identifier Terms: Stichting Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Verkeersveiligheid
- Geographic Terms: Belgium; Germany; Netherlands; United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 1855: Driving (veh); 9020: Evaluation (assessment)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training;
- Accession Number: 01521698
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-2013-17
- Files: ITRD, SWOV
- Created Date: Apr 7 2014 10:39AM