Educated Guess about the consequences for casualties as a result of introduction of the measure Light moped in the carriageway (SOR) in Amsterdam : a first estimate of the effects related to road safety.
Educated Guess van gevolgen voor verkeersslachtoffers door maatregel Snorfiets op de rijbaan (SOR) in Amsterdam : een eerste inschatting van effecten gerelateerd aan verkeersveiligheid.
The Board of Mayor and Eldermen of the City of Amsterdam considers moving light mopeds in 50km/h zones from the bicycle paths to the carriageway (measure Light moped in the carriageway; SOR). In the light of this consideration, the Department of Infrastructure, Traffic and Transportation (DIVV) in the municipality of Amsterdam commissioned SWOV to investigate the possible consequences for the number of traffic casualties in road crashes in Amsterdam involving light mopeds as opposed to the present situation. This was done for two scenarios: 1. SOR with compulsory helmet use; 2. SOR without compulsory helmet use. In addition, DIVV asked SWOV to estimate the effects of the enforcement of light mopeds speeding on bicycle paths.
- Record URL:
Stichting Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Verkeersveiligheid SWOV,
- Wijlhuizen, G J
- Dijkstra, A
- Bos, N M
- Goldenbeld, C
- Stipdonk, H L
- Publication Date: 2013
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Bikeways; Crash rates; Crashes; Injuries; Legislation; Moped drivers; Mopeds; Speed limits; Statistics; Traffic control; Traffic lanes; Urban areas
- Identifier Terms: Stichting Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Verkeersveiligheid
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crash helmets
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- LOC Subject Headings: Amsterdam
- ITRD Terms: 1661: Accident prevention; 1534: Enforcement (law); 1602: Fatality
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01521696
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: D-2013-11
- Files: ITRD, SWOV
- Created Date: Apr 7 2014 10:39AM