Materials and Technologies for Winter Road Maintenance in Lithuania
Produits et Technologies pour la Viabilite Hivernale en Lituanie
Winter season in Lithuania lasts 5-6 months. As in many European and other countries in the world, traditional materials are used: sodium chloride, calcium chloride, their mixes or more ecological products manufactured on their basis. On gravel roads or low-volume roads the mixes of sodium chloride and frictional materials (sand, crushed stone) are used. For maintenance purposes (to reduce slipperiness) a wet salt technology is applied or spreading of chloride-frictional material mixes.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/31984593
- Abstract reprinted with permission of the World Road Association – PIARC.
- Bulevicius, Matas
- Cygas, D.
- Laurinavicius, Alfredas
- Vaitkus, Audrius
- Publication Date: 2014
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 60-67
- Issue Number: 361
- Publisher: World Road Association (PIARC)
- ISSN: 0004-556X
- Serial URL: http://www.piarc.org/en/publications/Routes-Roads-Magazine/
- TRT Terms: Calcium chloride; Case studies; Crushed rock; Gravel roads; Highways; Low volume roads; Sand; Sodium chloride; Winter maintenance
- Geographic Terms: Lithuania
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; I30: Materials; I62: Winter Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 01519526
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 21 2014 11:38AM