MARYLAND HOUSE OF DELEGATES BILL NUMBER 958
This act, subtitled "Noise Control and Abatement" is an addition to the Annotated Code of Maryland. It vests in the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene certain powers and duties over noise pollution, control and abatement, to require the Department to establish rules and regulations relating to the control of levels of noise emitted into the environment; to provide for the monitoring of noise pollution and the enforcement of this Act; to make it unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle in Maryland which violates the noise control standards established by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene; and to provide penalties therefor; and to include motor vehicles violating the standards for noise control established by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene in the provisions relating to warnings given by police officers to persons operating vehicles with defective equipment and mechanisms.
Maryland General AssemblyAnnapolis, MD United States 21404
- Publication Date: 1972-2-28
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Laws; Legal factors; Legislation; Noise control; Regulations; Sound level; Traffic noise
- Geographic Terms: Maryland
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00261179
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM