AMENDMENT TO THE CODE OF VIRGINIA
No person shall drive and no owner of a motor vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any owned vehicle upon a highway unless such motor vehicle is equipped with an exhaust system of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use upon the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment, in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise, annoying smoke and escape of excessive gas, steam or oil. An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits or allows the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system of private passenger motor vehicle or trucks of standard make.
Virginia LegislatureRichmond, VA United States 23219
- Publication Date: 1972-3-20
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Laws; Legal factors; Legislation; Noise; Noise control; Regulations; Sound level; Traffic noise
- Geographic Terms: Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Virginia legislation/motor vehicle noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00261166
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM